Get your tickets now for BobFest 11™ - learn to shoot like a mentalist pro tog.
There's a real shortage of professional wed togs capable of shooting demanding wedding assignments here in the UK. Some top drawer brides have even resorted to flying in pro wedding toggers from abroad, so they don't miss out on having their photo taken whilst peeking out from behind a tree.
If you have a reasonably priced DSLR from Dixons, Comet or other major high street Bob suppliers, you could help fill the yawning, gaping gap. Join Derek at his sprawling unobtrusive Manor just off the A2 for a series of mind bending workshops.
You will learn:
Beginner Bob sessions - you must have your own camera and a portfolio of 8000 random tree and cat photos to attend our Beginner Bob programme.
- Master the P setting for total exposure control. Why the precision P mode is King, Queen, Godfather and brother-in-law of the exposure battleground.
- Learn why you need to charge at least £20 even when shooting for free.
- Eye brow trimming workshop - find out why pro wed togs always trim before a big shoot.
- Is editing an overrated waste of time? You may know this already. (workshop cancelled)
- Excuses masterclass - top ten excuses regularly used by the pros. Including ' but silhouettes are atmospheric', ' I can only get them all in from a window' and ' you must have given me the wrong post code'.
Intermediate Bob sessions - you must have your own camera and a portfolio of 8000 random tree and cat photos to attend our Intermediate Bob programme.
- P mode expansion brush up session. P safety risk assessment - how wide apertures can prevent overheating, fogged memory card meltdowns and limb loss focusing conundrums.
- Mad Dogs and Englishmen squint and shine group shot Q and A.
- Practical session. Two highly jaded pros will talk you through the signing of the register. Never miss this essential shot again. Don't worry everyone will get a chance to shoot this exciting set up for their portfolios, but please feel free to crowd round anyway.
- Kiosk printing for profit. How to turn your hard work into hard cash.
Pro Bob sessions. You must have your own camera and a portfolio of 8000 random tree and cat photos to attend our Pro Bob programme.
- P mode advanced total immersion masterclass. How to identify and stop an accidental stargate emergency.
- Bride Management™- Pre-wedding engagement bride calibration profiles explained. Calibrate your bride BEFORE the wedding.
- Epileptic Strobist Deficit Disorder Diagnosis session - Off camera pop up flash workshop. Please bring your own soldering iron, two long pieces of wire and some tissues. Warning! Warning!: may invalidate your camera’s warranty.
- Hostile Environment Training including Videographer confusion tactics, tripod sabotage and snack jockey hijack foraging.
Turning Pro Clckity Pics Portfolio Builder - sponsored by clikpic.com . Most popular part of any BobFest 11™. Derek will hand out some photos he’s already taken of a ropey old model, dressed up as a bride, stood outside a closed and derelict Church on a windy day in March last year. Bobs can use these images on their websites with Derek’s blessing. We use a different model each year and the old one is sold into slavery so you can be guaranteed she won’t turn up dressed as a bride anywhere else!
Although BobFest 11™ is run by Derek, all Bobs must agree not to approach Derek or talk to him throughout the day. Don’t under any circumstances ask him how many mega pixels his camera has or tell him that you have photographed your niece’s wedding and everyone thought the pictures were good. You may, however, shoot over his shoulder as often as possible but please respect the queue.